Here's a list of "wows" I've noticed.
1. Heathrow Arrivals Hall - YUCK! OLD! Smoking everywhere!
2. The architecture! Just incredible!
3. Bathrooms - teeeniny!!! There must be a contest for Britain's smallest bathroom.
4. Traffic!!!!! You couldn't pay me to drive in London. It make Dallas traffic look like a drive
through the country. Unbelievable!
5. People walk soooo fast on the streets. I don't know how they do it, but no one runs into
6. English weather is nice. People keep apologizing, but it seems great to me. How can a
Texan not like overcast days in the seventies IN JUNE!
7. Sycamore trees everywhere!
8. No ice! It's not a myth, it's true.
9. So much cigarette smoke on the streets. They recently banned smoking inside buildings, so
maybe in a few years people will begin giving it up because it is so inconvenient.
10. People have been very friendly and talkative. They seem to like Texas and be very curious
about it. Isn't it strange. To others, we live in an exotic place!
11. The British are so quiet. You could have heard a pin drop during Romeo and Juliet. Even
the teenagers were relatively quiet. All it took was a withering glance from an adult and
they settled right down. That's a strong cultural norm!
I'm headed to the British Museum today. I hope everyone is doing great! I miss you all, but I don't want to come home!
The outside of The Globe. Notice the ice cream truck. They're everywhere!
The stage is very elaborately painted. It makes up for the absence of props in Elizabethan theater.